Logo

30L Performance

yelladog

"Hello All, First post! I have

"Hello All, First post! I have a 1999 Bayliner 1750 3.0L. Looking for bolt-on performance if any exist. I have a stock prop, but have tried others. I tried a 14.25X19 Stilleto Stainless(3 Blade) and a 14.25X21. These props went from one extreme to the next. If they made 14.25X20, it would have been perfect. What about a 4 Blade on this motor!!! Everything I see is for 6Cyl. Any Ideas would help. Thanks *Great Site*"

"The Only Answer for Hot Roddi

"The Only Answer for Hot Rodding a 3.0l is to Sell the Boat,.........

And,...

Buy the Boat you Wanted in the 1st Place........."

"Hey, guys, think of it this w

"Hey, guys, think of it this way: It's been, how many months, since we got another request to hop up a 3.0 motor! That's gotta be a record.

A good prop shop can make either of those props perfect, either by a re-pitch or a daimeter reduction (for the 21 inch pitch prop).

Jeff"

"I do know this is no <[img]"h

"I do know this is no
uhoh.gif
"BIG BLOCK", nor am I trying to "hop up" this motor. I am basically trying to get alittle more power. Like I stated before, I've tried two props and one gave quicker plane, but 40mph is to slow. The other was just the opposite. Thought maybe someone had been through this before and found a prop that is about right.
Thanks for all the response guys, B.C."

Props just regulate max RPM an

Props just regulate max RPM and have nothing to do with the engine producing more free horsepower. So big prop = slow accelleration and low maximum rpm and a small prop= faster acceleration and higher engine rpm.There are many books/ manuals on this subject and it is best to read up on this concept.

"Racer's right engine must

"Racer's right engine must run within factory wide open throttle minimum and maximum. Too low and lugging burns holes in pistons. Too high and need a basket to pick up pieces!

Brian, my first post here back a year or more was for HOP UP info for 3.0! Still wish I could!

Bob"

"Anything past 40 MPH on my la

"Anything past 40 MPH on my lake will net you a speeding ticket (and more than likely, a sobriety test which is SOP with any stop) I guess I'd go with the larger pitch for top end but your not gonna pull skiers with it.
Scott"

Back