Logo

Boat not starting Fuel problem

blacstang8903

"Hi guys. Im just looking for

"Hi guys. Im just looking for a little help. I have 07 mericruiser 4.3 V6, The boat has been sitting for about 5months. The engine will turn over and try to start but no fuel is getting to the carb. When i put a little fuel in the carb it starts first try. I was thinking it could be the Fuel pump, Fuel filter or Fuel pump relay. Before i replace anything i just thought i would get some feedback on what you guys think it could be. Thanks"

"Try a process of elimination

"Try a process of elimination working your way back from the carb until you find the problem. If your carb isn't spitting out gas then take the gas line off at the carb and see if gas is making it that far, If not then keep working your way back until you isolate the problem. Could be a clogged filter, stuck check valve, faulty fuel pump. You won't know until you find it.

I've had to do this twice. Once the problem was a check ball valve at the on/off valve at the tank. Next time it was a tiny filter inside the carb itself that had a faulty check valve.

Before you do this turn your blower on and line your bilge and cover everything below your fuel lines with oil/gas absorbant pads and when you're done dispose of properly."

"If filter was not changed in

"If filter was not changed in the fall.....then it needs to be, and then see what you get....Todd"

Back