Logo

Vro2 oil sensor

pops86

Contributing Member
"I do not have a problem, but

"I do not have a problem, but want to know how my 200 carbed motor detects when there is no oil being supplied to the fuel mixture? I do realize the oil tank will sound low oil when the tank is 1/4 full. Thanks for the info in advance."

"Of all the traditional two st

"Of all the traditional two stroke outboards produced worldwide, OMC products have the only automatic lubrication systems with a "no oil flow" alarm. The VRO's electronic circuitry compares the RPM of the engine to the number of pressure pulses from the oil pump piston. As the oil flows into the fuel area, the pressure moves a small piston that actuates a steel pin in the alarm module. The pin's movement is detected electronically and "counted." If the engine revolutions exceed the preprogrammed oil pulse ratios, the warning horn is activated sounding a rapid on and off sequence. Since 1993, the VRO is actually called an oil metering system (OMS). The ratio averages about 60:1, slightly leaner at idle and slightly richer at full throttle. The older pumps idled between 150:1 (prior to 1990) and 100:1 (1990-1992), then richened up to 50:1 as the engine load increased. They are recognized by the brown fuel outlet fitting and/or a wiring harness attached to the alarm module.

-------> http://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/VRO.html"

Back