Logo

SC5000 fault code

quijibo

"I've recently undergone a

"I've recently undergone a complete repower to all new mercruisers. 305 MPI, Bravo III, etc. The SC5000 is giving me a fault code of CAN2 FAULT 16 on both the port and starboard engines. Can someone tell me what this is? One wrench said it was a bad plug at the map sensor. We checked it and it seemed ok, but still get the alarms. Any help will be greatly appreciated."

CAN2 data is for digital throt

CAN2 data is for digital throttle and shift. Do you have DTS? If not you will need to recalabrate your systems view (SC5000) to the correct applacation. use your owners manual and don't let your "wrench" mess with anything without doing a diagnostic check.

"Yes, it is DTS and the initia

"Yes, it is DTS and the initial calibration was accepted. We thought all connections were correct, but will re-check.

Here's the story. 30 Carver Santego, re-powered everything. Boat was at a repair yard (Xtreme Marine) he pulled out all the old and bought the new (I paid for all items as they came in). Then Xtreme decides to close shop. I picked up everything in crates and boxes and hired some marine mechanics to drive up to my house (2-hour trip since there aren't any closer) and do the install during their weekends.

Thanks for the info."

"Mike, I will do alittle more

"Mike, I will do alittle more research on comand module Fault 16. and get back to you.
what year model, 06,07, 08?
allan"

It was all new 2006. I can su

It was all new 2006. I can supply the numbers when I get home if needed. Also purchased through Land n' Sea...if that matters.

"Mike, Fault 16 is a communica

"Mike, Fault 16 is a communication error.
The data for control of the ETC (electronic throttle control) and ESC (electronic shift control) acuators has not been recieved on the CAN X (2) bus when expected.
Pin 6&7 on the comand module.
Hope this helps some"

Allan...thanks a ton. That&#3

Allan...thanks a ton. That's quite a bit different from what I was originally told about it being the MAP sensor. I will get it checked out.

"Mike, the map sensor fault i

"Mike, the map sensor fault is a PCM fault 16(engine computer)
the fault you are looking at would be a Comand Module fault(computer at helm)"

Back