Logo

Milky oil Mercruiser 37

wellcraft_192

Hey everybody I aquired a 1987

Hey everybody I aquired a 1987 Wellcraft 192 classic its clean and nice but when I went to change the oil I found it to be milky. I have pressure tested the cooling system and it holds 15psi Is it possible that the inner cam seal could be leaking and not the outer. Also any other sugestions about pinpointing the problem I got the boat from my uncle in law he said he overheated it and the head was shaved .006 and gasket was replaced so I am hoping its not that as far as a cracked block I would immagine the cooling system pressure test wouldent of held he did tell me that he would have to put a little coolant in about every 5 times he had the boat out. My thougts now are to replace the cam seals change the oil ass some lucas or something run the boat and see what happens. He did start the boat for me on muffs it started instantly idled smooth and dident have any noise that I notcied at the time so I am gounna hope that the bearings and everything is ok. Thanks hope the hear back from someone.

""pressure tested the cool

""pressure tested the cooling system and it holds 15psi. Is it possible that the inner cam seal could be leaking and not the outer"

Not based on your pressure test. Run the engine for 15 min. on muffs and pressure test while hot. Heat expansion may tell you there is a leak, front pump seal or exhaust man. leaking from a gasket or crack. Is there any crud around the front weep hole of the pump?

Also do a compression test while engine is warm. Side-by-side cylinders w/the same reading that is lower than the others could mean head gasket."

Well I am assuming that the we

Well I am assuming that the weep hole is the area of the front cover that looks like a small tube goug downwards and the weird thing is it looks like there is a plug in it do you think it possible that it was leaking and he plugged the plug is like mabye a 10mm bolt head

Back