Where are the in line Chev 6 Experts

ratmower

Advanced Contributor
"Hey Guys

One of my rotten

"Hey Guys

One of my rotten little 292 Chevs is starting to pull out a rocker stud
sad.gif
, I havent come accross this before on these engines so are these suckers just pressed in or is there something here I need to know about.

Cheers
Peter C"

Thanks for that Doc

I figur

Thanks for that Doc

I figured they were just pressed in so I extracted the problem stud and then refitted it using 609 loctite.
It wont be going anywhere in the near future.

Cheers
Peter C

"In some applications where HI

"In some applications where HIGH rpm`s may be present,the stud mounting boss is drilled and a roll pin is installed to keep the studs in there proper place,"

"Doc
Yeh, once I worked out i

"Doc
Yeh, once I worked out it was just a press fit I had considerd drilling the post and fitting a roll pin but I havent ever had problems with slip before whenever I have used the 609 on a stud, bearing or sleeve, so I thought that was my easiest first option.

Should the problem ever return the roll pin would be the best permanent fix option or I could always get a threaded stud made up and tap the head out to take a thread.

Thanks again

Cheers
Peter C"

"I use to run 6cyl. engines in

"I use to run 6cyl. engines in a circle track car and due to the cam sizes and high rpm's the only reliable way to keep them together was to drill and tap,just remember,loc tite is your best friend! Rev it up and let er' go !!!"

Back