Logo

Trans trouble pcm 40 1010

P

PXF

"I have a 2002 Shamrock w/pcm

"I have a 2002 Shamrock w/pcm seamaxx and pcm trans,(93 orig hrs). tranny started to slip, found h2o in trans fluid. eliminated heat exchanger as source. Flushed trans w/fluid till all h2o gone. Still have not found source of h2o. Filled trans w/new dextron111, reverse operates fine, still no power in fwd, trans slips-engine races. shift n - r, shaft spins. Shift n-f shaft not spin till goose throttle.
What is problem, cure? How difficult to repair?
thanks"

"I have a 1970 Nautique with a

"I have a 1970 Nautique with a AS1 C71 velvet drive that klunks in fwd at idle, but stops as soon as it is taken off idle. The boat has just been taken out of the garage for the firt time this season. Otherwise, it is very quiet in neutral and rev. Can someone tell me what may be the problem?"

Fluid was brand new. I put in

Fluid was brand new. I put in type F as spec'd
very strange knocking noise in gear at idle only.
Everything looks clean although I did not pull the packs apart nor did I see any debris or mud in the bottom of the pan. Could this just be from sitting all winter?

"NS-

My 68 CENTURY CHEETAH

"NS-

My 68 CENTURY CHEETAH does the same, once rpm hits say 725- it goes away! the ole flat bottom dose not make friends this way while passing slips in a no wake zone. I GET A LOT OF "SPECIAL" WAVES(?) though...

THE PROBLEM IS (most often) that the "springs" in your pressure plate are a bit "sloppy" (worn) and they tend to knock or rattle when under minimal load. I understand it's both common & non-damaging But it drives me crazy too- so guess I'll just keep making new friends till winter.
-tjd"

Back