Logo

Do I need to decarb

kjwest721

Model E225FPLEEO
Serial 04702

Model E225FPLEEO
Serial 04702946
I have this motor on a '99 Stratos 21 Extreme DC. When I first got it it ran great. The next time I ran it I put more gas in it and it ran fine for a while then when trying to get on plane the check engine light and alarm came on and then all of a sudden it was like I lifted off the throttle and would only idle. I turned the motor off and re started it and it will idle good but again when trying to get on plane it starts out good then then check engine light and alarm come on again and the same thing happens with the throttle. It idles good and even revs up while in neutral but when I put a load on it it is like the fuel cuts off. Any ideas?

"Kevin, decarbing is probably

"Kevin, decarbing is probably the least of your problems right now. First things first, why is the check engine light and alarms going off?? Find out why, I.E. overheating? low oil/no oil??
This is the logical place to start, correct these then decarborize."

"The model # would seem to ind

"The model # would seem to indicate a 225hp 20" shaft FICHT from 1999.

It will need to be hooked up to a computer to scan the codes. It sounds like the computer may be detecting a fuel, lubrication, or temperature fault. It will slow things down to keep you from blowing the motor up.
D"

Back