Logo

30L installriser boot short

johnnynegaunee

Contributing Member
"I replaced my tired out 2.5L

"I replaced my tired out 2.5L with a 3.0 with a lot less hours. It's mostly done, but I see the 3 liter has a shorter riser that's hugs the motor a little closer so that my rubber boot is short about 4" and offset to outside about 1.5". Can you get a longer boot for this or will I need to change the manifold/riser? Thanks to whomever has done this and can inform me."

"The right fix is likely the p

"The right fix is likely the proper downpipe for the 3 liter. It must be different than the 2.5 one.
That would be a big pain to change now that the engine is in the boat however.

The worry about using a longer rubber coupler is the offset, and possible hot spots it may cause. Common wisdom for marine exhausts is that metal should be used for major changes in direction, angle, plane, etc; and rubber couplers should be used only for straight sections and to connect the metal parts together.

I don't know if there is a different riser that you could swap onto the 3 liter. Will the one off your 2.5 fit at all?

You can buy straight marine grade "wet exhaust hose" by the foot in various diameters, so you may have to custom cut your own coupler.

Rod"

"[b]"or will I need to cha

""or will I need to change the manifold/riser?"

Ayuh,.....

If you use the 1 off your 2.5l,... Everything will line up....

It sounds like your going from a pre-Alpha to an Alpha.....
They're Not a direct swap...."

Back