Logo

Lining up shiftthrottle lever on Quicksilver 3000 after removing

dennisp

"With some good instructions,

"With some good instructions, I managed to remove the shift/throttle lever (3.0L Mercruiser) and repair a cut wire that was killing the down side of my trim button. However, like an idiot, I failed to mark the position of the lever when I removed it. Now after slipping it on and off and messing with it, I'm not sure where it needs to be. I'm assuming if I moved it to a position of putting the linkage in the rear in the neutral position, I could then put the lever back in the neutral position. Any suggestions?"

"Make sure the OD is in neutra

"Make sure the OD is in neutral first. BTDT
sad.gif
I had the entire assy. in pieces for weeks waiting for a new trim harness and neutral safety switch. Drove me nuts too!"

"Guy, thank you.

Probably

"Guy, thank you.

Probably a dumb question...but...maybe slip the shift lever in and move it back and forth to the point the prop will spin? That would be neutral and them reposition the lever to the neutral position on the shifter?

Thanks again."

""Probably a dumb question

""Probably a dumb question...but...maybe slip the shift lever in and move it back and forth to the point the prop will spin?"

... I would add spin in both directions, just to be sure."

Guys...I really appreciate the

Guys...I really appreciate the feedback. Some of these things you think that you have figured out but it sure helps when I can get ideas or reinforcement from people with more knowledge that me. Thanks again....

Back