Logo

TrimTilt Switch

skinut

"I have a 2004 Glastron SX195

"I have a 2004 Glastron SX195 with a 5.0 litre carb.engine and Mercruiser outdrive. Has 49 hours on entire system. The rocker switch on the shift lever that controls trim is acting funny. It goes down fine but I have to push it till it clicks in order to raise it. I believe this is the "trailer" position but it will not do anything as far as upward movement if I just push it easy. I have to push it all the way till it clicks to get any action at all. What first? Fuses? Switch? etc...
Thanks so much,This site is great and contains a wealth of experience!!!"

Sounds like your trim limit sw

Sounds like your trim limit switch that is on the port side of the gimbal ring might be out of adjustment or disconnected. Check its wiring first.

Rod

Next thing to check is the swi

Next thing to check is the switch and wiring in the shift control. Remove the cover and check for broken wires in the flat plug. I don't know if yours will pop open to inspect the connections. Test the switch for voltage and continuity.

Thanks Rod and Guy!!! You guys

Thanks Rod and Guy!!! You guys are alot of help. It's like going to a dealer and getting to talk to the mechanic without ever leaving the house.Thanks again.

Back