Logo

I did it boys

mistahays

Advanced Contributor
"Upgraded to a new raft. 41&#3

"Upgraded to a new raft. 41' Maxum SCA. Not the brand or the salty looking boat I was after but the owner was very anxious and needed out "right now"... so the price reflected it. 115 hours on twin Cummins power.
169015.jpg

Very nice inside with 2 heads, 3 TVs, 3 zone climate, gen, full avionics. Very pimpy to say the least! Not sure why i need a wahing machine on my barge but its got one!
169016.jpg

Now who wants to buy the first tank of diesel!?"

Very nice... enjoy your time a

Very nice... enjoy your time at the fueling dock!
Diesel around here is going for something around $4.50/gallon.

Very nice. Enjoy the obvious

Very nice. Enjoy the obvious envy.

You can keep it parked at my dock if you leave an "emergency" key in my office!

"MistaHays:

Congrats. on th

"MistaHays:

Congrats. on the home-away-from-home. Now be a good buddy and send us some more pics. w/chics.
proud.gif
"

"MistaHays:

Tell the girls

"MistaHays:

Tell the girls you bought a new boat and need their opinions about it. Send the wife to Disney World w/the kids first.
crazy.gif
"

Maybe we name it the "fann

Maybe we name it the "fannie magnet".

I do need to think of a name. The current name just won't due.

Your other condo was very nice

Your other condo was very nice.This is really sweet lookin.Have fun with her.I will take a guess the top photo is Balt.Inner Harbor...Todd

its a ghost town over there. M

its a ghost town over there. Maybe that means there are never any problems with those Cummins 330's! One could only hope!

I think that means that the po

I think that means that the poeple that can afford to own them can also afford to have someone else do the work on them!

"hah, that'z exactly what

"hah, that'z exactly what I was thinking.

(why did I say "thatz" instead of that's? Try following and single s with the word exactly sometime.. crazy!)"

"A few years ago lots of guys

"A few years ago lots of guys were switching from gas to diesel engines.Now gas is the cheaper fuel, if there is such a thing called cheap anymore.My guess is the soot boys only start them in the spring and fall creating your silence.Ya never know if its broke if it never starts.Would rather hope that its due to them never having any problems.So where was that photo taken at?....Todd"

"Nice one Mr Hays, thats about

"Nice one Mr Hays, thats about the flashest weekend office I have seen for a long time, though compared to your old boat its sort of an old mans vessel.
wink.gif
(just kidding)

When I think about it though, you can fit alot more of those charming young deck ornaments that you sent the pictures of last year, on something that big.

There is no doubt about it, there is some great stuff on the market that is very cheap in your part of the world, I am currently doing a bit of reserch on buying a boat in the good old US of A and shipping it back to the land of Aus as deck cargo.
From what I have seen so far, depending on the boat I can save anywhere around 40 to 60% on what I would buy a boat here for and thats including the frieght.

I may just have to call on the members of this forum to inspect anything I look at over there, rather that or I have a study tour for work and head over myself.

Whats the fuel capacity and range on your new raft.

Cheers
Peter C"

"It somewhat of an old guy loo

"It somewhat of an old guy looking vessel... but at the ripe old age of 38... I qualify. Besides, I need the office space, and a good place to play cards with my b-school buds.

There are some good deals on the market. This one was not on the market. In a sad tale, a wealthy man built it and named it after his wife. She loved it and unfortunately died suddenly. Its been sitting for 3 years since with all her stuff on board. He hasn't seen it since but has had a guy run it periodically. I asked him through a mutual friend if he would consider selling (at my price) and considering i'm a fix-it-up guy, he agreed. Doesn't need a lot. Needs to be buffed.

Bought it in baltimore, Todd."

"Diesel Price in my area this

"Diesel Price in my area this week $1-67.5 per litre.
I will stick with the gas at $1-54.9 per litre

By the way Mr Hays whats the nightly rent on your barg, it looks like it would be a good place to stay for a night or 2 if I visited your good city, do you supply a hot breakfast.
wink.gif

Cheers
Peter C"

"NICE, VERY NICE,
Pretty cool

"NICE, VERY NICE,
Pretty cool forum. The big boys and us minnow dunkers all with the same basic love of water and the mechanical means of traversing it. Yet none of the us vs them crap. If only our politicians were boat people......

Jeff"

"Jeff
Dont reck the dream mat

"Jeff
Dont reck the dream mate, we dont want politicians as boat owners otherwise we
would have to have an idiots section added to the forum.
Although, maybe if we did get some politicians on board we may be able to loby for disscount fuel for boat owners.
rofl.gif

Cheers
Peter C"

"Pete - come and stay as long

"Pete - come and stay as long as you want. The fine print is that you have to fix things on the list. Just brough my rig 220 miles home. Things that broke: transmission, AC cond drain, one sump pump, hailer, radar issues, starboard voltage regulator, cabin door...

AHH THE JOYS OF BOAT OWNERSHIP!"

"Hmmmmmmm, a working holiday s

"Hmmmmmmm, a working holiday sounds OK.

I hate working on cars nowdays but for some strange unexplained reason I dont seem to mind being jammed upside down in a bilge working on a marine engine.

I think I should go and get some help
crazy.gif

Nothing like that shakedown voyage to cause a few things to break, realisticaly when a boat hasn,t moved for a few years you almost expect problems but it sounds like you bought it cheap enough that you should still have a few penny's put away for repairs.

Problems aside did she handle OK on her first outing.

Cheers
Peter C"

"She did fine. And the price w

"She did fine. And the price was so favorable.

But i say this in front of all readers as a humble lesson from an experienced mechanic both car and boat: I screwed up!!!

I preach, "no matter what, keep fluids in it and its likely to keep running". But I didn't check the trans fluid after buying and before leaving on my voyage home. It was low - too low to run trough the cooler - and now one is toast and instead of $6 for two quarts of ATF, I get an expensive rebuild!

Makes for a long voyage, but I must admit - its nice to dial in your heading on the autopilot, give the helm to the first officer and go get a hot shower, make some tea and have a nap on a $1000 mattress!"

"It makes me smile to hear of

"It makes me smile to hear of someone getting a new boat for themselves and having the initial fun time.Along with all those smiles is also the gremlins in the back of your mind saying things like..."c,mon baby,keep going and don't let me down"...Deep down you also know there will be issues that pop up.Well sounds like one did and like all the others- you will overcome it and move on.But-just think of all the fun you just had-only you and those onboard know it.Enjoy the boat,sit back and wait for the next thing to break like any mechanical item....Have a GREAT summer,Todd"

Back