Logo

New carb for chrysler 318

P

pat c

Thinking about replacing my ca

Thinking about replacing my carter carb on the 318 with an edelbrock. The carter was rebuilt but am leaking fuel at linkage and the thing loads up at low speeds. Can't seem to get adjusted out. Pro shop did the rebuild. Anyway what do you think about the edelbrock? 600 cfm or 750? Any feedback appreciated!

"Old Carters will do that--I h

"Old Carters will do that--I have one that refused to stop flooding no matter what I did. (Porous casting?)

Yes, the new Edelbrock MARINE carbs work great. Be advised that you wll have to rig a wire for the electric choke, one that's hot in run.

Advise you get the 600 cfm. The 780 has bigger bores and might require you to hog out your intake manifold. Bolt patterns are the same for both sizes.

Jeff"

I have installed many of the E

I have installed many of the Edelbrock Marine carbs. Make sure you get the marine version. They are plated and finished to fight the corrosion. They are easy to tune. The 600 is the one you want. The 750 is way too much carb for the cubes and cam in your application. Make sure there is an inline fuel filter. There is no filter at the carb.

Back