Logo

Mercruiser 260

samich

i have purchased a 1984 sea ra

i have purchased a 1984 sea ray with mercruiser 260. what outdrive is on this vessel. also which technical manual is the best.

"Probably a Mercruiser Alpha O

"Probably a Mercruiser Alpha One. THe Seloc manuals are not bad. This site sells them, by the way.

Jeff"

"Your boat is from a Change-ov

"Your boat is from a Change-over period.......

You Might have an MR-drive Or the Alpha 1,.....
For Most purposes,... They're the Same......They "Look" Exactly the same...

The MR has the Pre-Alpha bearing pre-load pin on the Vert. Shaft,....
And,.. Of Course, the Alpha Doesn't.....

I Agree with Shawn,...... Factory Manuals Can't be Beat........
ebay is a Great Resource for finding them,.... Cheap......."

"I also have a 260 and have no

"I also have a 260 and have no clue what outdrive I have. I have a 79tahiti 20' No indications on outdrive
16935.jpg
"

1.47:1 MR "R" STYLE ME

1.47:1 MR "R" STYLE MERCRUISER looks like to me but ya like bondo said plit box for shure on that year that sticker looks to be in good shape should have serial # on one side or the other in the sticker

"2002 mercruiser 5.0 mpi won&#

"2002 mercruiser 5.0 mpi won't start. It will start initially, cut off, and will not restart. Changed fuel water seperator, all fluids are ok. If it does start, it will run for a short time and will not go above 4000 rpms and it will hesitate at full throttle, pull back and it will settle down for a sec. After letting it sit for about 10 minutes while in the water, it will restart. We have had it out about a dozen times so far this season and this just started the last 2 times. Took it to the service shop, mechanic came out with us and it did the same stuff."

Had my boat in the driveway be

Had my boat in the driveway between trips and just noticed a bit of oil leaking from the bottom of my stern drive where the 4 hydraulic trim hoses meet the drive. It's brown like engine oil. Not much - less than an ounce in a couple of days. Just enough to wet the driveway. It's a brand new 5.0 MPI with less than 10 hours on it. Should I take it in right away?

"Glen, I would take it back.

"Glen, I would take it back. It should be under warranty and the mechanic's shouuld be able to trouble shoot it in no time. Probably a loose connection but not sure why it would be brown...maybe redishbrown like old hydraulic fluid? But that wouldn't be it if the engine is new."

"Back in the winter I was tell

"Back in the winter I was telling you about my 84 260 merc cruiser shuting down and only be able to run at idle speeds for a time. After a short time period it would run just fine. Well, this year it runs like new. NO PROBLEMS!!. The only thing I have done differently is was to switch from 89 oct to 87 oct. The Merc book recs 89, but I can't tell the difference. Once again all is well with boating.
Thanks,
Fred Masi"

"I am writing from Panama Cent

"I am writing from Panama Central America. I own CWC Ocean Pro with a Merc Cruiser 496 Mag. Oct. 2005 /ow376955 / 9xm0811BAS on a 2.0 Bravo 3 outdrive. I am having problems with it and there is NO ONE DOWN HERE that knows anything about it and NO ONE that says they do that I will let touch it! I need someone, a real professional mechanic, that I will pay for his flight, room and board, and services to assist me. Only requirements would be to speak on the phone first so he understands the problem, (in case something is needed to bring with him, and of course a passport. Got anyone that needs a vacation and some cash bucks? Also if your shop can't do you have someone to recommend? Please help me. I use it for parasailing contract at a resort and this is hi season. Please let me know either way. THIS IS NOT A JOKE! Thanks, Dennis"

Back