Logo

Cold start up of 2003 DT 150

poorfarm

I bought a used DT 150 last ye

I bought a used DT 150 last year and I am having trouble getting the engine to warm up. After I start it up it runs at a low idle (I have not found a way to increase to idling speed in neutral). After I leave the dock with the "cold" motor I accelerate and the engine runs rough for 100 feet or more and then seems to come to life and runs normally. Is there any good way to get this more to warm up in neutral

"Just some hints:
It seems th

"Just some hints:
It seems that one (or more) cylinder is not doing its job. With one cyl not working, the others have to work more (Low idling). Check compression. If that turns out to be good, it can be fuel related (clean the carbs).
Check the looks of the spark plugs. Is there any difference in colour? Look for traces of water on the cold plugs.
If it is a blocked low speed jet (rough idling), you can trace the faulty carburator by pulling the spark plug boot one at the time (while idling).
If the idling doesnt change when you pull one of the cables, that cylinder has a bad function. Start with that carburator.
Robert"

Back