Logo

Volvo MD11C 23hp intermittent oil pump

kennyp

After fitting new main and big

After fitting new main and big end bearings and getting oil pump refaced and tested it will not lift oil from the sump but if it is fed oil directly into the pump via the entry hole in the dipstick chamber it pumps perfectly. Any ideas?
Kenny.

"Also make sure the dipstick h

"Also make sure the dipstick housing is tight with a new oring, if not it will suck air and harm your engine."

Hi Ron Many thanks . You were

Hi Ron Many thanks . You were right. I ruined the two new big end bearings after full o/haul.
I saw too late the manual said the dipstick Housing needs sealed and torqued to 50 lb. Expensive error. Now running sweet 60 lb oil pressure.
Cheers
Kenny

"I have a MD11C in my boat and

"I have a MD11C in my boat and I can't get it to turn over. The batteries are fully charged, the ends have all been cleaned and there is power going to the solonid. Any suggestions?"

"Hi Barry
Open the two decomp

"Hi Barry
Open the two decompression levers on the two rocker covers, insert starting handle and if she turns over at least you have proved eng is not siezed. Then it would seem you have a faulty starter. Brushes winding etc. or the solenoid . It should click.
Kenny"

"Thanks Kenny,

The engine w

"Thanks Kenny,

The engine will turn over without a problem so I've removed the starte and solenoid and I will have it checked."

Back