Logo

Tachometer TAMD 41

brailediver

"I have a Volvo TAMD 41 in a 8

"I have a Volvo TAMD 41 in a 84 Kencraft. After a recent alternator rebuild, the tach will not read correctly. When the switch is turned on, the tach pegs out @ 5000 rpm. Every now & then it will work correctly for a few minutes before pegging out. Any one have any ideas?"

"SOUNDS LIKE YOU HOOKED THE TA

"SOUNDS LIKE YOU HOOKED THE TACK WIRE UP TO THE WRONG POST ON THE ALT, OR THE CONNECTOR MIT BE TURNED ON THE POST AND SHORTING OUT."

"I just had a similar problem.

"I just had a similar problem. The hour meter stopped working a few years ago. Then the dial pegged 5000 and stayed there. I just found that the port alternator was not charging. Theere is suppose to be 7 vdc at the W grey wire at the tach from the alternator. After installing the alternator the tach was still swinging over to 5000. I adjusted the calibrations screw on the back of the tach 1/4 turn CCW and the needle swung to 700 rpm at idle. I have not taken the boat out yet to see if it is a temp fix. A new tach is about $180. I do not think I woudl spend money on trying to get it rebuilt. I have twin TAMD 41 D's on a 30 ft. Blackman out of San Diego. Email is [email protected]"

Back