Logo

471 Supercharged

H

Harry Ciznack

"Came into possesion of one la

"Came into possesion of one last week, I have been told that this is the place to be enlightened,How are these motors? any quirk's or good things to know about them?"

"THE 71 SERIES ENGINE IS AS GO

"THE 71 SERIES ENGINE IS AS GOOD AS THEY COME, HOW EVER THEY DONT BUILD THEM ENY MORE, BECAUSE THEY DONT MEET THE EMISSION STANDERD. HOW EVERY PARTS WILL BE AROUND FOR A VERY LONG TIME.KEEP UP ON SERVICE, OIL/FILTER,FUEL FILTERS. OYA THEY DO LIKE TO LEAK OIL, FROM GSKTS. BEING ENGINE IS TURBO CHARGED DONT LET ENGINE IDLE A LOT OR IT WILL LEAK OIL OUT THE AIR BOX DRAINS."

"Mine meets the emission stand

"Mine meets the emission standard,it will be fueled with soybean oil w/160F preinjection fuel temp.filtered to 1 micron 99.8% free of water."

"Harry,

Sounds interesting.

"Harry,

Sounds interesting... please share your results of the use of that fuel here if possible...

You might also want to visit this website for BioDiesel that has a discussion board with a category for "marine biodiesel", I thought about adding such a category here.

You have probably visited all the various resources already."

"I came up with my own way to

"I came up with my own way to go with all the stuff I have digested so far this is with canola oil,55 gal. drum rock salt bed heat and hold @115F 30 min, this stage 5% kero is used,is pulled thru filter to 20 micron goes on to 30gal with natural sponge flows freely @ 50F and burns very well.using kero 180,000 BTU torpedo for testing and cleanburn w/o heater on this mix for 2 days no issues besides dialing in both to deal with viscosity and making gap wider on topedo to burn this stuff right."

They are still being built use

They are still being built used for milatary and other things.

Back