Logo

International Harvester Engine

david

" What is the difference betwe

" What is the difference between the M-392 V8 that Palmer Marine uses in some of there boats, and the IH-392 V8 that I have in my 1968 International Harvester Pick-up truck? "

"David,
Here is a spec sheet

"David,
Here is a spec sheet on the Palmer M-392, hopefully someone else can answer with some specific differences.

Regards,
Andrew
"

" Probably very little as far

" Probably very little as far as the basic engine goes. Some of the IHC conversions such as the Palmer P-60 aka IHC cub tractor block had the cranckshaft end for the reverse gear machined by IHC for the Paragon, OXKB reverse gear. Other tan that the engine itself was unchanged. I will try to locate a service manual for the M-392 to see if there were any significant differences. The Marine trim was supplied by Palmer but that portion should be quite apparent on inspection. "

" I'm looking for A manifo

" I'm looking for A manifold for a Palmer P-60
Can anyone help?

Ray in Ventura, CA. "

"Ray,
There seem to be a numb

"Ray,
There seem to be a number of people looking for P-60 manifolds. You might contact some of the people in our classifieds that are looking... maybe they have found one (or more) and could share sources with you. Click on the link to search the classifieds for palmer.
Regards,
Andrew Menkart
MarineEngine.com"

Back