Logo

Reputable used dealers

• Thread starter Richard Roberts
  • Start date
R

Richard Roberts

"I'm looking to buy 2x 150

"I'm looking to buy 2x 150hp engines, something like 2001 or newer Z150. I've exhausted all the local options, and am now searching further and further away. Scouring the internet seems to be wasting a lot of my time.

So I figured I'd ask: anybody have any good references for used engine dealers who freight ship?

The directory of suppliers here on marineengine.com needs to be cleaned up / updated, as a lot of the vendors arent in business anymore."

"Where are you located? Altern

"Where are you located? Alternately you can do a websearch for A1 Outboard. They rebuild, sell and warranty everything they sell. They have two locations (one in PA and one in FL) and do ship.

You pay a slight premium for their product, but at least you have something backing what they sell you, as opposed to "some guy" selling you perfectly running outboards that he just want's to get rid of (ya right)...."

"Graham, Thanks. I'm near

"Graham, Thanks. I'm near Boston, and A1 Outboard looks about what I was looking for. A little trouble find them searching (the name is too generic). But eventually got them:
http://1outboard.com/"

Do some research !! I believe

Do some research !! I believe these people used to go under the name of BLACKBIRD and on some web sites there were a lot of complaints. As always buyer beware.

Back