Logo

PCM engine Temp

dbaum311

I have a 91 Supra Sunsport wit

I have a 91 Supra Sunsport with 231 hours on it. Then engine runs between 140-160 degrees and on occasion get above 160 nearing 165 to 170. Once it get up to that temp it never gets below 160. Is this ok? when feeling the bottom of each manifold it is scalding hot. Is that normal? The manifolds have never been replaced and I'm thinking it may be that time unless I'm told that its normal for the bottom of the manifold to get that hot and that the engine temp that I am describing is ok and not too hot. Thanks in advace for your reply.

"Hey Devin, is the bottom of m

"Hey Devin, is the bottom of manafold rusted? Thats because it gets so hot it burns off the paint. The very bottom of the manafold is not water cooled, so it will be very hot. As for the up and down temp, first check the inlet cooling system,trans cooler,water filter(if you have one). Check the impeller housing inlet,and outlet(sometimes if your impeller fails it can get stuck in the housing,and it can cause overheating in the upper rpm). It sounds like the thermostat,but I can't be there to see it for myself so I do not want you the over look anything.ONLY USE A MARINE THERMOSTAT!!!!!
Good luck
Hollywood"

Thank you. The cooling system

Thank you. The cooling system including the impellar is in good shape. I just worry about the temp rising above 160. I'll look into a marine thermostat!

Back