Logo

Tohatsu 8hp missing neutral

• Thread starter missing neutral
  • Start date
M

missing neutral

"I just changed the impeller o

"I just changed the impeller on my unit and when i was testing it i noticed that the the prop is till turning like it was in F when i keep the stick in neutral. If i turn the stick little bit towards reverse then it goes to neutral, but this requires holding the stick, if release my hand from it it will go back to F. Changing to R works as usual.

So obviously i did something wrong while playing with the lower unit, how to adjust the gears again? Thanks for your help
"

There is no possible way to ch

There is no possible way to change the shift position without screwing around with the lower shift rod and/or the upper shift rod...Neither of which would have been disturbed during an impeller change. I would suggest you take it into a dealer and have them correct it.

"I must be natural talent, the

"I must be natural talent, the lower shift rod is bent, and local dealer can get a new one in 3 short weeks... How can i tell for sure if my model is short, long or extra long shaft? I'm pretty sure its long shaft.."

"actually I don't think th

"actually I don't think the model tag will give you the full model # including shaft length code. You could contact tohatsu/nissan with your serial # and they can tell you the full model #, including shaft length. Or you can also just measure it yourself/ Measure from the bottom of clamp bracket (the part that sits on your transom) to the cavitation plate (just above your prop). If it's 17", you have the Short shaft. 22" is the Long shaft. 27" is the "ultra-long" shaft"

Back