Logo

Yamaha 2hp head gasket help please

alex_651

"hi,

i have a 2hp yamaha ou

"hi,

i have a 2hp yamaha outboard and opened the head up to chenge the gasket and cleanb water passage.anyway i bought a new gasket and noted that there is a metal circle ring in the center but from one side it is bigger than the other. which side should be facing the cyliders the side of the gasket with the largest ring or that side should be facing the head? thanks for your reply."

"sure here they are. can you s

"sure here they are. can you see that in the first picture the gasket ring is bigger than the one on the other side. which side should be put acing the head and which one should face the cylinder? thanks
151559.jpg
gasket 'Big ring""">
151560.jpg
gasket 'small ring"

well i did not take it out do

well i did not take it out do i dont really know. however from the parts diagrams i can see one tab but not the other.i thought that the rings decide which side to mount the gasket since one is bigger than the other.

hi ikia. so which side do i ge

hi ikia. so which side do i get to mount it?? the tabs decide which side? if so can you help me more please?thanks

"Just bolt it on mate, it just

"Just bolt it on mate, it just does not matter.This one side with more metal than the other is from the manufacturing process and has absolutely nothing to do with how it is to be installed."

the holes and bolt pattern app

the holes and bolt pattern appear to be symetrical it does not matter. Your cylinderhead will not be flat and that is more critical.Get some valve grinding compound and a piece of glass and lap it flat. Takes just minutes to do a professional job you will be proud of.

Back