Logo

Boat launched at last so a special thanks to forum members for their tips

david_ray

Regular Contributor
"Due to a shift cable bellows

"Due to a shift cable bellows failure/leak towards the end of last season, I have now replaced all the bellows, water hoses, impeller, six trim hoses, trim solenoids, thermostat, plus a few other minor adjustments/etc. Now launched and all is well except I will need to buy a new plastic reservoir bowl for the trim fluid soon - has a small stress crack from age hardening that JB Weld will not fix (slowed leak but not cured).
While I am a good mechanic, I had not ever had to do very much to the OD units (on several boats over the years) so all the tips and suggestions I received from this forum proved to be very valuable and saved me much time. A sincere 'thank you' to all who have added to my knowledge. I will try to repay by assisting others. This is a very fine and well managed forum."

Insert a 4 mil pastic bag and

Insert a 4 mil pastic bag and use it as a bladder in the oil tank. You'll have to pull some of it thru the outlet to make it seal.

"Great idea, Guy - I had not e

"Great idea, Guy - I had not even begun to think of this possibility. Since I only plan to keep this 20 year old boat (bought new) this next year (I deserve a new/newer boat), this could be a permanent fix at significant savings."

Bissell carpet cleaners use a

Bissell carpet cleaners use a rubber/vinyl? bladder that may just fit and it has a bottom drain w/a a top fill port. Google it.

Back