Logo

My Bravo III is leaking

robert76

I had a shop replace the lower

I had a shop replace the lower shift cable and mercathode. Before the work was done the bilge was 100% dry after the work the drive immidiatley started leaking at the stering arm seal the shop said it was just a fluke that the work they did could not have caused the problem is this true? (please only answer if you have done this kind of work on a B.III drive no speculation answers please!!!)

"What yr is the boat and do yo

"What yr is the boat and do you use it in fresh water or salt water?
How long has it been sense the drive was last off?
Normaly (No) the work they did has nothing whatso ever in comon with the steering pin, buy if the boat has age the drive may have been "tough" to remove and they may have Stressed the gymbal ring enough for that seal to fail.
Just a side note. that area is usualy only under water when the boat is at reat and people are standing in the rear of the boat."

"allan;
Good to see you are s

"allan;
Good to see you are still with us; your information and input is very valuable to the forum.
Would you consider joining the forum as a full member?
Incidentally, where is st pete?

Rod"

"Rod, thanks for the invite,b

"Rod, thanks for the invite,but for now I just cruse around these booards lurking. St pete is in sunny Florida. Me I fix mercruisers and merc outboards.have been mercruiser cert. sense 99 and mercury cert. sense 02.
not much at typing though
I'll still post when I think I can help, although you ,guy, david r and the bt doc have things covered here very well. also Bondo has been around for quite awhile. I see him on other boards(sup Bondo?) Dave N knows his stuff also.
keep up the good work and I'll pipe in now and then.
L8R"

I want to change the oil on a

I want to change the oil on a Bravo 3. How many quarts and what kind? Thanks!

Back