Logo

New 20 HP Yamaha Four Stroke at 4800b

jdun1

"...is it worth it? I tried to

"...is it worth it? I tried to get some help on re-jetting a 2006 F15 Four Stroke to run it at 4,800' but I'm told it cannot be done. Changing the prop does nothing to help performance, already tried that. So that motor is junk, at least at this elevation. I'm thinking about trading it in on a 2007 20 HP Four Stroke. Because I would be buying this model here in the rockies will the performance be any better? Will it actually plane a 15' aluminum v-hull? If not then obviously it wouldn't be worth it. Hard to believe a 20 hp wouldn't be capable of 20 mph on that boat. What about going to Mercury or Evinrude, any difference? Or how about a two stroke? I just need a motor that is capable of planing the boat. By the way the boat is rated for 25 hp max.

Thanks for any suggestions."

"maybe that is the problem
i

"maybe that is the problem
it is a gutless for stroke, LOL

go to the 2 stoke, u r lucky to find them around"

"I think an ETEC would be the

"I think an ETEC would be the go in these conditions, they can adjust to the altitude to a degree. But they only start at 40 Hp at the moment. You could play around with the jets on your current engine, you would have to reduce the size of your main jet and increase the size of your idle jet but it would take a bit of trial and error to get it right."

terry
they make no other jets

terry
they make no other jets for the F15
unless u got a loine on them

remember we can not change this stuff over here in USA

I was just told that it is not

I was just told that it is not illegal to change the jets as long as the motor did not come from or is not intended to be used in California. I also found out that there are no other jets made for this motor so I'm out of luck. It's a great motor at a lower elevation but too bad it's worthless here. I may see if I can tow it somewhere and get whatever I can for it since it's not doing me any good here. What a waste. I just wish I would have known this before we relocated. I guess outboards just are not the way to go in the rockies. Either that or stay away from Yamaha if you ever plan to relocate.

"i have not played with one of

"i have not played with one of those yet
it either has a mkuni or kehien carb on it

they have other jets from them not yami

oh ya, u forgot NY on ur list also"

Back