Logo

Alpha 1 lower unit fluid capacity

jerryh

"I thiught the capacity of the

"I thiught the capacity of the alpja 1 lower unit was 28 oz. I sqeezed all I could from a quart and it still was'nt coming out the vent hole. How much does it take? Thanks, Jerry"

I believe the advertised capac

I believe the advertised capacity is 32 oz. Mine seems to take about 38. With cavitation plate perfectly level add til it comes out top vent hole.

" sqeezed all I could from

" sqeezed all I could from a quart "

You can buy a hand pump for the quart bottle its about $10 and will save you alot of strain.

I just changed mine and by des

I just changed mine and by design the Sierra bottle was exactly enough. When the bottle was bone dry I could just see it about to flow out the top vent hole. And yes the hand pump the sell is very useful.

"If you use the pump your chan

"If you use the pump your chances of introducing air into the drive is very slim.If you don`t fill it properly to the top vent hole, your wallet is severely damaged along with the drive."

"I refilled my Alpha drive thi

"I refilled my Alpha drive this week, and as Bt Doctor stated above, it also took 37-38 ounces using a small electric pump. Pumped one quart bottle of Siera fluid plus 5 or 6 ounces of a second."

"I've done my alpha 1 gen

"I've done my alpha 1 gen 2 twice now, and it always takes a bit over a quart. I generally fill it till it weeps out the vent, then plug the vent and give it 3 more pumps, a good portion of which leaks out as i try to fumble the plug back into the drive
Thanks goodness for the reservoir
"

Back