Logo

Tuhatsu 4 storke 99 hp oil

hub

A year ago I bought an Avon in

A year ago I bought an Avon inflatable with a 2002 9.9 hp four stroke Tuhatsu engine.
The engine was serviced the week I bought it. I have since run it about an hour in the river and have periodically cranked it up during the past year. It cranks quickly and runs fine.
Today I observed that the water pump seemed to have quit. There was no longer an indicator stream of water coming out. I tried shutting the engine off and recranking and running it at different rpm to no avail. The water pump refused to create an indicator stream. There was no indication that the engine was running hot. I shut it down and checked the water hose under the cover which seemed ok. I then checked the oil filler tube. I could not see any oil.
I could not imagine that the unit would have run out of oil with such limited usage.
There does not seem to be an indicator as to how much oil should be visible and there is no dip stick.
Can someone tell me if I am supposed to fill the cavity under the filler cap with oil?

Hub

There is a dip stick on the en

There is a dip stick on the engine...And of course you have to maintain the correct oil level. You really need to re-read your owners manual on the correct operation of your engine before you go any further.

"Thanks,
Found the dip stick

"Thanks,
Found the dip stick right after I mailed the question.
No owners manuel, bought second hand but I will get one."

Back