Logo

Impellor replacement

pghdan

"2000 Bayliner 2150 5.0 2bbl a

"2000 Bayliner 2150 5.0 2bbl alpha-1 gen-2 standard rotation.The shaft seal does not get inserted into the pump housing cover but stays 5/16 off the cover,is that correct? And am I correct in the vane direction if I soap it,put the cover on and turn the cover c/w to set vane direction(looking down at the outdrive from above when removed)?"

"The vertical shaft turns CW f

"The vertical shaft turns CW from the top.
This means the impeller blades bend outwards CCW.
Easiest thing to do is put the impeller on the shaft on top of the pump base plate with the key in place.
Grease up the housing and slide it down the shaft, turning it CCW as it compresses the impeller blades.

The upper "seal" is not a seal, its a slinger and is only there to prevent intrusion of sand and crud into the top of the pump. Just slide it down snug to the top of the housing.
Sealing of the impeller to the base plate and upper pump housing is done by the impeller itself.

Rod"

"The impeller kit should have

"The impeller kit should have come with a 'special tool' to install the slinger. It's just a little plastic ring that will push the slinger down to the right place on the shaft, without too much pressure on the top of the housing, which would cause the slinger to wear out."

"Ok,I think I got it. Turn the

"Ok,I think I got it. Turn the shaft cw while pressing down on the housing and the impellor will(with a little soapy help) set itself correctly...right?"

Back