Logo

2002 99 hp 2stroke engine doesnbt start

balikbayan

"Hi everyone I am new here. La

"Hi everyone I am new here. Last spring (2007) I had plans to use my boat and everything. I made it ready and started the engine, but just when I started it I relized that it was too late and the young kid next door had just gone silent(sleeping). I stopped the engine as soon as it started. Next day I tried to start it again, but no luck. I do have great compression (11.5 Bar on both cylinders), it comes petrol to the cylinders (wet plugs). I do believe that it is the Cd-unit that has got a short circuit. I went to the local dealer/workshop. They have never been friendly to me and they was not friendly this time neither. It ended up that I didn't fix the engine last year. My plan is to fix the engine this year instead. The engine is run only 95 hours since I bought it 2002.
My question to you is how to meassure if the CD-unit is broken? Could it be the ignition coil that has gone or the pickup under the flywheel?
Thanx in advance for those who will read my post and even more thanx to those who will try to help me.
Magnus."

Thank you for your answer. I h

Thank you for your answer. I have only seen service manuals for engines up to 2000 year model. My engine is from 2002.

Service manuals can be purchas

Service manuals can be purchased from any Nissan or Tohatsu dealer. The aftermarket manuals you are referring to are worthless.

Thank you for your answer. I o

Thank you for your answer. I ordered a new Cd-unit today at the local Tohatsu dealer. I did not ask them for a service manual. I asked some years ago and they said no when I asked then.

They said no? If you are in th

They said no? If you are in the U.S. please let me know the name of the dealership so that they can be chastised.

"I am in Sweden. They didn&#39

"I am in Sweden. They didn't want to sell the engine to me neither. I had to buy it 200 miles away and it became cheaper for me to drive and spend one night at a hotel than buying from the local dealer. Some weeks later they had the same price as the other dealer had, as it was a nation wide sale for these engines when they were brand new."

I have changed the cd-unit and

I have changed the cd-unit and the engine is working again. I am glad that I was right about the cd-unit. It was too expensive to buy and then find out that the engine is still ded.

Back