Logo

Shift Control Adjustment

joe_c

"I am just waiting to receive

"I am just waiting to receive my shop manual, but thought i would post this anyways.
I tried to search for an answer with no luck.
motor: 99 yammy 90hp
issue: adjusting the shift cable (or i hope i have the term right)
See link to picture at bottom of the page

Where i need some guideance is where the pivot is enguaging the carb contol arm. At that point there is a plastic part (in a shape of a trangle) that when you enguage the motor will pivot and open/close the carbs. There is a roller that glides along this plastic part and in its current state is sitting on the other side of this parts shoulder. So when I put the engine into drive the roller has to roll over the shoulder first (causing a stiff shift). After it rolls over this part the control of the engine speed is fine.
In the current setup my idle is around 800-900rpm.
If i adjust the shift rod (that enguages the carbs) to the correct position (just on the edge of the shoulder, where i think it should be) the idle RPM is around 1200, and the idle adjust screw is not touching anywhere.

So here is what i am looking for. The part name is one and is there a way to adjust the carbs after i put the adjusting arm in the correct position, or what is the correct position?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cascanette/2440070003/"

Back