2003 mag 350 wont power over 2000 rpm engine warning

krpsu20002000

"2003 mag 350 - 160 hours - st

"2003 mag 350 - 160 hours - starbord engine
bravo 3

As per the prior post
engine has problem (misfire)due to corosion on dist. cap
replace cap + rotor - fixed misfire problem

Now the engine will not go over 2000 rpms - sounds like a fuel starvation probelm -
engine emits warning buzz noise
**does the engine warning buzzer go on if the fuel pressure is to low to satisfy the demand?

port engine runs on same gas tank with no problems
boat will go at 5mph with no problem and will rev to over 3000 rpm in neutral - no buzz noise when doing this - all guages ok
I am going to check fuel pressure tomorrow and change the fuel filter just in case - fuel filter only has about 15 hours on it but is 2 years old (boat sat for 2 years out of water) (both in line fuel filter and water seperation filters were changed at same time)

Any other ideas?
keith
brick nj - [email protected]"

"Keith, it may seem like a fue

"Keith, it may seem like a fuel problem, but the ECM on the engine doesn't know fuel pressure.
so fuel problems usualy will not set a fault or alarm.
sounds like you are in a guardian mode, from some other fault. have the system scaned for faults to get you on the right path for repair.
hope this helps."

"There are two types of engine

"There are two types of engine alarm, a "soft" alarm which is two short beeps per minute (reduction in Available Power to 90%), and a "hard" alarm which is a constant warning horn and can reduce Available Power all the way down to 0%.

A hard alarm can only be caused by high coolant temp, low oil pressure, or low sea pump pressure."

Differeces in RPM vs Throttle

Differeces in RPM vs Throttle Position will not set an alarm. The sea pump pressure sensor is mounted on the starboard end of the transmission/power steering cooler at the back of the engine.

is there a strainer for the ra

is there a strainer for the raw water? - the watwr pump impellor was changed 1 week ago - the boat also does not overheat

"I don't know if your boat

"I don't know if your boat has a sea strainer or not, there is no internal one if that's what you mean.

Did this problem begin after the impellor was changed? if it did, chances are thats the problem."

Thanks for the help

The boa

Thanks for the help

The boat wnet into the water and the impellor was busted
we chaned it at the dock - I do not know if it had the problem prior as the boat did not move before we changed the impellor - so no engine alarm could have sounded
the boat ran in the prior seasons with no problems
all guages seem ok when the alarm goes off
the boat will go at troling speed with no problem - also no codes are found when we scan it
I am going to try to test the sensor tomorow (sat) and see if there is water flowing in all the hoses - I asume there will be water flow since I have ran it for 1 hour at idle or near idle speeds with no problems.

keith

"(boat sat for 2 years

"(boat sat for 2 years out of water)"

That can cause a plethora of problems from varnish buildup in the fuel system to dry rotted seals.

"will not go over 2000 rpms - sounds like a fuel starvation probelm"

CAREFULLY feed it some UNLIT PROPANE from a bottle thru the flame arrestor when it won't go over 2000 RPM. If it revs up all of a sudden--fuel problem. If it chokes and dies--no fuel problem. Make darn sure it is running before feeding it propane. Check the exhaust shutters for restrictions.

Back