Logo

130 1996 johnson

eacinc

"A year ago or two I wrote in

"A year ago or two I wrote in to find ou how to remove the oil injection on this motor as it was flooding it with oil( thanks Joe). Now I have a diferent problem. The motor runs great, but when I shut it off even for 30 seconds I have to pump the ball to start it.It will not hold pressure anymore. I use this boat in Delaware were the fuel is part alcohol. Im thinking to put a check valve between the water seperator and the motor might solve this, or do I need a new fuel pump? I have looked for a checkvalve on the internet but have yetr to find one, but I can get one here at a place that works on furances. I want to premix this motor, and any thoughts would bee helpful"

"u have 3 choices--
1. replac

"u have 3 choices--
1. replace the old vro w/a new one,putting oiling system back in service
2. Rebuild your old vro--(kits are avail)
3.Install a new fuel pump only,which,is similar looking to the vro,except no oil side or elect.

--Also,try replacing your primer bulb--they have ck valves in it."

"If I would replace the vro wi

"If I would replace the vro with a fuel pump only do you think it would be compatible with the alcohol in the fuel? The reason I ask this is because lots of people that boat in DE.are having problems with pumps getting eatin up, and I dont want to replace it only to have the same thing after awhile,and after all it runs ok so it must still pump ok.I will replace the bulb, and its time for new hoses and filters anyway. Thanks for the help!"

"i believe,there is a spec on

"i believe,there is a spec on the alcohol concentration,that the pumps can tolerate...i dont have that spec at the moment.The new style materials are supposed to be compatible,to that spec."

"One more question,where can I

"One more question,where can I find a fuel pump only, on the internet? The few places that list pumps do not have a listing for this 130. Seems to me I found someplace that had them when I was having trouble with the oil side, but I cant remember where it was, and as you well know the OMC dealers are a little steep. Thanks again"

Back