Logo

30l over heating help please

gilles81

I am very new to this board i

I am very new to this board i am hoping for a lil help... In the fall i bought a 85 sea ray with a 140hp 3.0l. I had it winterized and put it away... Now when i run it at home with the ear muffs on it it overheats. It did not even shoot out the antifreeze from last year... I already changed the thermostat. Is it the impeller in the lower unit? or is it the water

When was the last time you cha

When was the last time you changed the impellor? If it has not been changed in a couple years i would try that first!!

""It did not even shoot ou

""It did not even shoot out the antifreeze..."

Not that you are mentally challenged but, was the water turned on at the hose/muffs? Been there and done that. Loose belt?

Water pressure will simulate a new impeller. Lake or bucket test will be a true impeller test. If run w/o water it is fried."

"Is there any valves someone i

"Is there any valves someone installed before going to the pump?Lift drive and make sure water hose under it is connected.If no luck so far...take hose off after the pump,but before the engine.Remove pump belt and install garden hose here to run engine.Quick way of knowing if its engine or other....Todd"

impeller is easy to chang if y

impeller is easy to chang if you are at all mech. inclinded. a second person was a big help when I did mine and before you even pull out the first wrench get the MANUAL!!!! and then get all the seals and such. I would recomend giving all the bellows a good look because while you got it half apart nows the time to check those out also... I changed my exhaust bellow and didn't bother to change all of them so now I gotta go back and do it again cause I got a leak DAMNIT... should of listened to all the people on here and just changed them all

Back