Logo

Oilgas mixture

"For at least 15 years or more

"For at least 15 years or more, your Yamaha outboard (and every other type of 2-cycle engine with automatic oil-injection) has been set up to use only a 50:1 fuel/oil mixture to reduce smoking and give better fuel economy. Just make sure you read the label on any 2-cycle oil to make sure it is rated at 50:1. Always use High Performance oil rated for outboard use."

what is the oil fuel ratio for

what is the oil fuel ratio for a 18hp evinrude outboard. Not sure of the year but it is at least 20 years old.

"I have a 18hp Evinrude 1969 a

"I have a 18hp Evinrude 1969 and the ratio is 26:1, I do not know when they changed the ratios but it wasn't too long after that 50:1 was the mix."

I have a 15hp Evinrude 1955 mo

I have a 15hp Evinrude 1955 model 15014 and I need help with fuel/oil mixture ratio .

thank you
Gary

"Gary, I know for sure that en

"Gary, I know for sure that engine takes the 26:1 mix. It was one quart of engine oil to six gallons of gas. 2 cycle oil is probably better but regular 30 weight will do nicely."

"I have a 15 HP 1955, models F

"I have a 15 HP 1955, models Fastwin 15014.
the transom for some reason does not til ,threre is a lever to locked and release. when I released it should move but it does't
could you tell me what I'm doing wrong.

thank you
Gary"

"Gary you should start a new t

"Gary you should start a new thread for a different question but I will try to explain what you have.
The release lever is attached to a thin stiff wire that leads down the steering shaft to a hook like device on the outside of the transom. The hook is spring loaded, you should see a long narrow spring, top end of the spring is attached to the engine the bottom part is attached to the hooking section. The hooks catch on an adjustable shaft that runs horizontal. This is the small shaft that you can move to different holes to adjust the trim of your engine. When the lock lever is in the "lock" position the spring keeps pressure on the hook to hold it down against that horizontal shaft (pin). When you "release" the lever you should feel the pressure of the spring pulling against the lock lever, that's why there is a notch to catch the lever. If you do not feel the spring pressure the small wire that connects the lever to the hook is probably broken or out of adjustment. You can release the engine by taking a screwdriver and prying the hooks up off the horizontal pin while lifting up on the shaft end of the motor. Once you manually get the motor lifted up you will get a clear view of the workings.
Hope this helps.
Cal"

Back