Logo

NS8B Carburetor Problem

dcdunbar

"My '98 Nissan 8hp outboar

"My '98 Nissan 8hp outboard will not idle at all. started after running for about 2o minutes at 90% throttle. I suspect the low speed jet but have not idea which one it is and how to clean. I'm willing to buy a carb kit and cleaner but since seemed to happen so randomly, I'd hate to send it the shop and have no idea what they did. I guess I'd just like to see how to rebuild one ofthese things as I am curious and might need to do it at a remote loction when there isn't access to outboard service techs.
thanks
dave"

I will definatly do that! So a

I will definatly do that! So are you saying that given the parts diagram and a new kit along w/ some type of carb cleaner I shouldn't run into any problems?
thanks again
dave

"Great Guru...I'm having a

"Great Guru...I'm having a prob with the Nissan 8hp kicker I use on my sailboat...since I've been told the Tohatsu and Nissan are the same engine thought I'd ask....used stabil at the end of last season like I have done in the past. Went to start the motor yesterday for the new season and won't fire at all. I checked the filter..getting gas through there. Sprayed some carb cleaner in the inlet to the carb...the motor fired up iummediately, but only for a couple of seconds...looks like no gas getting through the pump and/or float. I pulled down the parts list and it does look pretty straightforward, but just wanted to ask if there is a doc somewhere (short of buying the service manual) that provides the proper sequence for pulling the carb to clean/disassemle it.

Thanks in advance for your help."

Back