Logo

Evinrude 7 and a half horsepower motor

J

Jack-Durham

"I recently purchased a boat w

"I recently purchased a boat with a 7 and a half h.p., two stroke Evinrude engine. I found the serial number- 5520 15571, but can not locate the model number. I think the model number plate is missing. I am looking for an operators manual but can not find it without the model number. Can anyone help me identify the year and model of this motor. It runs, but I'm unfamiliar with this motor and want to make sure I operate it correctly. Forgive my ignorance, but I'm new to boating. I appreciate any help you may provide. Jack"

"5520 is listed as a 1960 5.5h

"5520 is listed as a 1960 5.5hp, so what have you got what were you told by the seller?"

"The seller says it is a "

"The seller says it is a "1960's" vintage motor. It spells "seven and half" on the casing of the motor. I did look up and found that 7.5 hp evinrude motors were available in the 1950's. I didn't see any 7.5 hp. motors in the 1960's. I'm okay with it being in the 50's, just want to find the owners manual."

If you look under " engine

If you look under " engine manuals " on this site it has model listings. It is possible the the bracket was replaced with one fron a 5.5 model. Post a picture or go to the "old omc site "

Back