Logo

Testing 350 MAG MPI

jackh

"Hi everyone,
Just bought a 2

"Hi everyone,
Just bought a 2005 boat at auction and it was missing outdrive. After some searching, I learned motor was equipped with Bravo III outdrive. I want to test out the motor before investing more money in the drive. I know I cannot attach earmuffs without the outdrive and can't run motor without water. I read on this forum that there's a raw water pump which needs water fed to it otherwise the impeller will burn out. How can I test run the motor and not ruin anything. I am new to this forum and any info wuld be appreciated."

"locate the water inlet hose,e

"locate the water inlet hose,either a thru-hull or comes from the transom. insert a garden hose and your good to go."

Thanks for the quick response.

Thanks for the quick response. The engine bay is very tight so identifying hoses is difficult. The raw water pump is right up front. Can I/Should I connect there?

you can connect to the water i

you can connect to the water in hose. Do you know how much a new Bravo III outdrive costs? $4-5 grand. That's why they are a high theft item.

"Wow... I expected to pay but

"Wow... I expected to pay but never thought that much....I had plenty of generation I alphas so I figured 2 grand at most.
The boat has 120 hrs and I'm just wondering what I should do to get it ready for the water. Should I change the plugs. oil, oil filter etc...Engine looks incredibly clean."

PM never hurt any engine. Che

PM never hurt any engine. Check ebay for a reman. drive or the US made aftermarket which should be cheaper and work.

Back