Logo

Prop

The prop will attach to the mo

The prop will attach to the motor ------- But you must " fit " the prop to suit the boat and the work it must do.The wrong pitch and you may damage your motor.

The 225 currently has a Tempes

The 225 currently has a Tempest 25 on it. The 150 either a 26 or 27 Raker on it. I'm trying top get a little more speed out of the 225 with a higher pitch prop.

"prop technol. is all theory,

"prop technol. is all theory, u might get better results just by lifting motor an inch or two on transom...best is to take prop to water and check perform. out...be careful not to over rev motor when u try out diff props"

"I have a hydraulic jack plate

"I have a hydraulic jack plate, so I have been running it as high as it will go and trimmed all the way up, just get 5100 rpm max. What is the max safe rpm?"

"Running a jack-plate I strong

"Running a jack-plate I strongly recommend to install a water pressure meter. To my experience running +50 knots and Raker, there is no problem lifting water intakes above water without noticing it until too late! The BW 17 on the pick with 225 Venom passed 65 on GPS. Being a std L shaft (20"), boat designed for XL (25") I used a modified Jack plate to be able to 'lower' it during acc. Above 1/2 throttle I could then lift it almost to '0' and keep grip with Raker, but no water pressure!"

"I have a water pressure guage

"I have a water pressure guage, when running wot at 5100 rpm with the jack plate all the way up and motor trimmed all the way up, I have 20 lbs pressure with the tempest 25"

"If You may lift engine to max

"If You may lift engine to max, trim to max and still have full grip and cooling pressure, I would say Your engine is mounted too low.
With the rake of the tempest You should hardly need to go much above '0' trim and then use lift. The ideal is to keep prop shaft paralell to water to obtain max thrust. The rake should then take care of needed bow-lift."

Back