Logo

Winsheild wiper motor wiring

rich_b

Contributing Member
"i have a 71 searay. orignal w

"i have a 71 searay. orignal wiper motor.on the wiper motor it has 3 wires.(positive)(negative)(s) the first two are easy what does the s stand for,am i being dumb.i put all new led toggle switches in my boat and took out the push - pull switch for the wiper.i ran (neg)wire to ground - (pos)wire to the new switch - and the wiper wont work. does the wiper motor need two power wires to work.(pos) and (s) wire to the switch. you tell me. thanx"

Richard:

How many wires at

Richard:

How many wires at the motor?

What wires were connected to the old switch? The switch should have a jumper from a 12 volt source that all switches use; purple wire?

Isn't the "S" connected to the ignition switch "S" or does it mean solenoid due to the current draw of the motor?

"hi guy, 3 wires at the wiper

"hi guy, 3 wires at the wiper motor.1 says (pos)-2 says (neg) 3 says (s).the old wires were all white.just wanna know where the (s) wire goes. i have a book but it says nothing about a wiper motor."

"S" has to be switch.

"S" has to be switch. Is there 12 volts to the switch and the motor w/switch on? It needs a 12 V source.

What wires were connected to the switch; color etc.? Use a jumper wire from the ground you used to the battery ground source under the dash; black wire.

"richard bordeau
I'm wit

"richard bordeau
I'm with Guy. There needs to be an independent wire from the switch to allow the motor to self park when the switch is turned off. That is if your motor has auto park. If not then, I'm just blowing smoke
biggrin.gif

Bert"

Back