Logo

Dead 25hp Yamaha

doorpro

"Hello all,

I have a 1998 4

"Hello all,

I have a 1998 4 stroke 25hp outboard on my dinghy and it has just died. I was idling in the harbor and she died a half dozen times and although it started again the running time became less and less so i knew that I had a problem.
I put a couple of gallons of fuel in to make sure that the guage was reading correctly and also pulled the hose from between the fuel pump and carb to rule out fuel pump problems and that was pumping strongly.
When back at my boat i pulled the plugs to check for a spark and there lies the problem, not the slightest spart to either plug and now i have no idea which way to turn but thought that I would check with this forum before going any further as im sure that it a simple relay or switch that i can change.

best regards and thanks for any help.
Doug."

"Hi Doug,
yesterday I had her

"Hi Doug,
yesterday I had her runnung great and then again this morning she wouldnt start. I did isolate the kill switch in case it was that causing the problem but this morning she wont start again.
Is there any way to check both the coil and power pack so that i dont have to buy them both?
regards,
Doug."

Back