Logo

Oil filter

35-866340Q03 Mercruiser

In

35-866340Q03 Mercruiser

Insert the number above in engine parts on the left and go.

"Wrench, I'm not a particu

"Wrench, I'm not a particular fan of Fram. I just came up with that one because I remembered the number off the top of may head. Note that I said "or equivalent". You can then cross reference to another brand. My experience is that, in recent years, the advancement of oil ratings, now up API-SM, makes the quality of filters less important anyway. The only noticably superior filter was Baldwin's premium wound cotton filter but it was discontinued due to lack of sales."

"Eddie...
I do the same thing

"Eddie...
I do the same thing and find out what number of Fram filter something takes, and then use that number to cross over to something else. Seems there are numerous sites on the i-net that allow you to cross the numbers. I wasn't trying to step on any toes.

Wrench"

"On the subject of filters, ar

"On the subject of filters, are the Mercury brand filters "better" and worth the extra cost than say Wix brand?"

"No, that's the point. A p

"No, that's the point. A person would be much better off putting his money into more frequent oil changes or just back into his wallet."

"Thus far(in my short time

"Thus far(in my short time owning a bot) i have found the mercury parts to be pretty reasonably priced. The cap, rotor, filters, etc that I have done seemed pretty inline price wise with what i would expect. I know there are some issues with boats and oil filters due to the high flow rate required, so i just stick with the merc. IIRC mine was around 7 or 8 bucks when i did it."

Back