Logo

Help Needed tips on removing and replacing pump trim hoses

david_ray

Regular Contributor
"A tip or two on getting old m

"A tip or two on getting old main trim pump hoses out and then threading new hoses into place would be appreciated ( also any additional responses to the earlier posted thread on identifying three o-rings would be nice).

Started work today in replacing all trim hoses. Have disconnected all fittings, and trying to get the thru-hull main hoses out now. I know I could just cut them and remove, but that would give me no clue as to how to thread the new hoses into place so I did not start that way. I tried working from inside boat, and also from beneath, but they only go about 6 inches before they jam either way. I am working by myself and getting frustrated with no real progress so far today.

Anyone who has done this before, I would certainly appreciate any tips you could pass on. And I do not want to pull engine to accomplish the task. There is essentially no room to work, or even actually see the passageway from within this boat."

"More than likely a clamp from

"More than likely a clamp from the factory, If so just cut them,tie a pull cord on, remove old, pull in new with the cord."

"Thanks Bt Doctor, for replyin

"Thanks Bt Doctor, for replying promptly in my hour of prayor.

Okay, the two hoses are thru the hull, ready to connect after dinner. It took about 5 hours on this phase and all the skin on my left arm. Brute force (pushing) was the solution, one hose at a time. The fish wire only pulled loose trying to pull, without having a second person available to feed the hoses as I pulled.

The more I work on this SeaRay, the more I am determined that for the next boat I get, the layout of the engine compartment and accessability will be more important than the passenger area. In real life, I have not had too many occasions to be in there over the past 20 years, but every major event has been frustrating due to the boat hull design. I believe this engine compartment was really designed for a 4 cyl straight engine, not a wider V6."

Back