Logo

Rpm problem

"nevemrind it goin up to WOT i

"nevemrind it goin up to WOT i belive...its not stuck valves or throttle linkage etc...im thinkin TPS, if i might be correct can someone tell me how to check the sensor, if im not correct please tell me wut else might be the problem thanks"

You will need the diagnostic p

You will need the diagnostic program for that engine to do a proper job. The minimum is the original workshop manual to get all the specs.

"In general the TPS are the sa

"In general the TPS are the same, but around that time some new and improved TPS' came out. But what is important is to get out the reading of the ECM how much , in %, the TPS is activated. Without the ECM readout You will never know where the fault lies. It might be the TPS, it might be the wiring harness, it might be a connector, it might even be the ECM. Have You run a fuel pressure test on the engine?
I strongly suggest You get an original manual."

"have not ran a fuel pressure

"have not ran a fuel pressure test on it., it is my grandpas boat, he said it was running fine then all sudden started revving itself up, then it quit..then.boat ran 100% fine for a while then started actin up and doin it ever since. dont see no loose connectors etc, no fuel leaking etc. fuel pump sounds normal...now he DID just have the boat in shop to get his idle set, but it ran fine 2 trips after that."

Have idle set?
You can't

Have idle set?
You can't set idle on a 98 Ficht!
Suggest You try to find a certified dealer.

"yes the idle was set by soemt

"yes the idle was set by soemthing that they hooked up to ecm, forgot if it was a scan tool or laptop etc...trying to learn how to repair/diagnose newer ecm controlled outboards if taken to a dealer cant learn anything...i KNOW how to test tps on autos but wasnot sure if its the same when chackin tps on outboards."

Back