Logo

Bravo III Sterndrive

hollpoll70

"Does anyone know if you can t

"Does anyone know if you can tell the year the sterndrive was manufactured with the serial no.? If so, can I do this independent of Mercury Marine as I am having a warranty dispute with them. I've tried online and can't seem to find a site that will give you that info."

"I purchased the boat from an

"I purchased the boat from an individual in 06. When we hauled it to store it this year, it was badly corroded. I took it to the closest dealer and he took pictures, etc. and is sending it to Mercury Marine. They are disputing the warranty as they say it was purchased in 04, so even though it is an 05, the warranty ended in 07 (3 yrs for the corrosion warranty). I have the warranty card and it says the warranty goes from '05 to '10 so I have that in writing. There was a problem with corrosion on the 01-03 Bravo III drives. I just wanted to find out when this outdrive was manufactured as they may have put one of the defective ones on it. The dealer is coming this week to test my water as they have never seen such corrosion on such a new boat. It was fine the year before, why would it suddenly change? I had the alpha-one for five years in the same canal and no problem. My neighbor two houses down has an 2000 Bravo III and it looks better than mine! I could go on, but it is very frustrating."

"Not so sure you are alone on

"Not so sure you are alone on this one.My marina owners have a '05 Formula with that drive and last year it was all eaten up from corosion, while the boats on either side of him in the slips were ok with some normal wear.Not exactly sure how that got handled to tell you the truth, but will check on that....Todd....by the way-we are in mostly all fresh water."

"Thanks guys. I am in salt wa

"Thanks guys. I am in salt water, but the canal is a brakish mix. I have a call into the mechanic to get the serial no. as he has the outdrive at the moment."

"made 5/14/04

registered 7/

"made 5/14/04

registered 7/2/04
it was invoiced 5/28/04
wow they sold it to somebody else and then to you
hold on

warratny ran out 7/05

you need to get a hold of somebody in merc
send them personally the pics and complain
problem is if they find voltage in water, the marina will have to pay

send me the pic please i want to see!!!"

"Are you saing the original wa

"Are you saing the original warranty is only 1 year?? Mercury Marine says 3 years and the boat is a 2005. I bought it from a private owner in Maryland and took it back to NY in 2006. The original owner bought the longer warranty and it was transferred to me. It runs from 7/05 thru 7/10. I called Merc and they said the corrosion part ran out LAST year as the boat was purchased in "2004" ( a freakin technicality). According to my warranty card the warranty started in '05 Three years from 05 is 08! The other thing is I store it on my driveway in the winter and then plunk it behind my house as we are on a canal, no marina involved. So what changed in the last year?? The zincs were intact at the end of the season w/normal wear, the outdrive had been protected, the cathode supposedly was working. We'll see what happens when the local dealer comes and tests my water. Also, they have the pics and our mechanic has the drive. It looks like swiss cheese and probably will only survive one more season. I just can't believe this. Hopefully we are jumping the gun and Merc will do something about this."

yes 1 year unless u buy the ex

yes 1 year unless u buy the extended
call merc and talk
NO EMAILS!!!!
if you were closer i would help out!

"We did talk on the phone and

"We did talk on the phone and they said to take it to a local dealer, they would investigate, yadda yadda and it would be dealt with on a case by case basis, which I am of course been doing. After they told me the warranty was expired, I said, "it looks like I'm out of luck then?" to which they replied, "we're not closing the door on it". So I am keeping my fingers crossed. There is no way in hell we are spending 6k or more for another outdrive on a 3 year old boat! My guy is so disgusted, he's ready to dump it for another boat."

"yes merc will fix it
u must

"yes merc will fix it
u must go to a premiere dealer!
we get paid 88.9% of warranty work, which is really good"

"It's a dealer that is fam

"It's a dealer that is family owned for many years and sells my type of boat mainly and mercruiser sterndrives. They seem to think that Merc will take care of it too as they said of all the manufacturers, they are the best at standing behind their products. Like I said before, don't have the pics, but when we get the outdrive back, we'll take some. I'm curious, where are u?"

"You're right, too far!!

"You're right, too far!! Have a sister in San Fran. I checked out the site. Not familiar with those brands. Mostly out here are Sea Ray, Regal, Four Winns, Rinker, Boston Whaler, Donzi, Formula, and a barage of fishing boat companies. We're on the south shore of Long Island and do lots of fishing in addition to cruising to Fire Island. Hopefully we'll still be doing that as everyone here is gearing up and getting ready to put their boats back in for the season. Thanks again for all the feedback dude."

i was born in bethpage!
i got

i was born in bethpage!
i got family out there in east meadow still
had my aunt and uncle in shoreham

we sell ski boats and pontoons mainly

i have a grady

"yes it is!!!

funny the mer

"yes it is!!!

funny the merc sales guy just stopped buy, LOL

i asked him about the problem
he said merc will take care of you, if not he will look into it also
as long as your cool on the phone
he also said you should do it not the dealer!!"

Hey Just-in-time; it's Hol

Hey Just-in-time; it's Holly from Long Island again. I am getting absolutely no-where with the dealer as I am not a "customer" and they are backlogged with customers that want to get their boats in. Bottom line is they don't want to get involved. Do you happen to have the "800" number for Mercruiser handy? or the number of the merc dude you were talking to that day? I have to handle this myself!

here u go

Kevin
714-726-27

here u go

Kevin
714-726-2708

tell him ur a friend of Stacy's and Richie from MISSION MARINE in PASO ROBLES

my cell is 925-768-6679

you guys might want to keep th

you guys might want to keep the phone numbers to private emails or PMs so troll bots don't find'm.

--chris

Back