Logo

Minimec Timing amp Marks

W

wrightwmc

Since there is no timing plate

Since there is no timing plate on Ford Lehman 120s - how to you tell where to locate the crankshaft pully to the correct 21 degrees BTDC in relation to the block? I have the pin hole in the Minimec lined up.

"Did this yesterday on my 120

"Did this yesterday on my 120 2715-E. There is an aperture cover on the flywheel housing on the starboard side. A mirror and flashlight was a necessity to read the numbers. In my case; for some reason the flywheel was/is covered in rust; therefore, impossible to read the numbers. I had to push back the shaft and remove the tranny in order to access the flywheel. I was then able to clean the wheel enough to find the #. My manual states 20 degrees BTDC. My flywheel reads 19 & 21 - with just a mark for the 20.

*******QUESTION**********
I have it set on 20* and the 2 dimples adjacent to the injection pump are aligned. At operating temperature I have a little smoke and some fuel sheen on the water. Can I rotate the injection pump slightly to "fine tune" the timing? If so counter clockwise or clockwise? Or do I leave it alone? Injectors were recently redone. Thanks for the help. LDW"

i had to set mine at19* an

i had to set mine at19* and adjust counter clockwise to rid smoke engine revs slower but makes r.p.m. with no smoke.I think that will help u may have to just turn your pump c.c.w. to help.

Back