Logo

57gxi miss

randy_b

"i am working on a 5.7gxi in a

"i am working on a 5.7gxi in a 2005 fourwinns motor misses and backfires at 2500rpm and up with no load ,with a load.i have narrowed it down to ignition,individual cylinders will lose spark on a spark board and #3 losses it all together.i have already changed out cap,rotor,coil,ignition module and plugs.could this be caused by a pickup coil or is the ecm doing something to the spark.i'd really appreciate any help i can get on this one"

"What about the plug wires? Di

"What about the plug wires? Did you change them? Also, have you checked the distributor position. On that engine moving the distributor has no effect on the ignition timing, but will effect the gap that the spark has to jump from the rotor to the terminal on the cap, and too large a gap will cause misfiring and crossfiring."

dave n i could kiss you.i look

dave n i could kiss you.i looked under the dist.and found a paint mark that was not lined up and moved the dist. to match fired it up and ran great.i had just traded this boat and the cust. said it had no problems but the motor had been replaced last year with a new oem and had apparently never run right.thanks again this was my first time on here and even after 25yrs in the biz you never stop learning

"Glad I was able to help, and

"Glad I was able to help, and thanks for posting your results. Hope you become a regular on the board!

Dave"

Back