Logo

Fuel line

milford65

"Was wondering where to splice

"Was wondering where to splice into my fuel line to run my 4 stroke kicker motor or is this not a good idea?

I like the idea, it would save time & wouldn't have to refill the 3 gallon tank, save space on the boat.... but I can see issues that might arise like drawing fuel from other motor instead of main gas tank...

The manual squeeze primer has to be left in right??
Almost sure there is a check valve of sorts in the primer??

The mercruser carb should have check valve also in it right??

So all this being confirmed I should be able to splice after the fuel filter/water seperator right??

Thx. Bill"

"I would put a T inline on the

"I would put a T inline on the hose coming from your main fuel tank anti-syphon fitting to your engine. That way you are not tampering with any plumbing on the main engine.

There should be no conflict between the two, as they won't both be running at the same time.
Correct on the primer, and yes it has check valves, as does the fuel pump on your main engine.

Not sure if there are any Coast Guard regulations that would prevent this. Anyone?

Rod"

"I would put a shutoff valve a

"I would put a shutoff valve after the "T".

By the way, my 4.3L roared to life w/the new battery this afternoon!

rofl.gif
sun.gif
"

"Boys:

The lady ran great a

"Boys:

The lady ran great all week on Dale Hollow Lake, Tennennsee. I think the "BLASTER" coil allowed her to fire up w/in 1 second. What fun!!!

Oh yes, the smallmouth bass fishing is impressive. The water temp. was 50 F. The steady rain for 3 days raised the lake level 2 feet so I decided to fish from the boat slips. I hooked 7 bass and landed only 5. The lake has a slot limit, 1 fish under 15" and 1 over 21". I had to throw back 6 bass; smallest was 19" (almost 5 pounds) and the largest was 20.5" (5.75 pounds). All were caught between 6' and 25'. Best bass fishing I've ever done. I kept one 21" bass that almost made it to 6 pounds. Shoot me an email if you want to see some pics."

"Sure Guy, send us some pictur

"Sure Guy, send us some pictures. We're still dreaming of the ice getting off the lake up here. I still have 3 feet of snow in my back yard, although, a lot did melt this last week end.

Wrench"

Back