Logo

Part numbers AUGGGG

kevgrn114

"I'm trying to find the tr

"I'm trying to find the trim cylinder bushings, spring, washer and nut for my mercruiser 140 1979 model 1.98 ratio serial number 51544... I ordered one but it is way too small. how do you look this stuff up???

any help appreaciated..
Kevin"

"Start with the [url=""]www.me

"Start with the www.mercruiserparts.com home page. And click on the search with pictures button.
Then: "#1 and Alpha Drives"
Then: "120/140 1978-1982"
Then: "4893635 THRU 6225576"
Then either: "TRIM CYLINDERS AND HYDRAULIC HOSES (EXTERNAL LINE)" -or- "TRIM CYLINDERS AND HYDRAULIC HOSES (INTERNAL LINES)""

"Above, I Skipped: "Mercr

"Above, I Skipped: "Mercruiser Sterndrive & Inboard (Includes Diesel)"
Which is just after the search with pictures.
It apears you went to: "Mercury, Mercruiser & Hi Performance Accessories", which is a crap shoot."

YES! thank you. It was teh #

YES! thank you. It was teh #1 and alpha drives I was unsure of. so I have an alpha drive or a #1? or will it ever matter?

Thanks a bunch!!!

"Great #1 or "R" drive

"Great #1 or "R" drive. I'll write that down. :)
ok so I got the bushings ordered to get the trim cylinders held on good. And I just dropped the lowere unit and replaced the water pump. The impeller was pretty ragged and chunky. I'd say that coud have been the cause of my overheating problem. :) Everything seemed to go back together the right way. I'm going to go ahead and replace the oil in the lower unit while I'm at it. It didnt look milky or anything but I dont know how long its been since it was changed, especially with teh impeller looking that way. Hopefully that'll get me on the water and I can troubleshoot the trim indicator as I go.
Thanks to this board for all the help. I'm sure I'll be asking for more. :)"

Did you get all of the impelle

Did you get all of the impeller chuncks out? Don't want one getting stuck in the cooling line.

"Kevin;
You should change you

"Kevin;
You should change your drive oil annually or every 50 hours, to maintain drive health and longevity.

Bear in mind that the drive is a closed system with no filter to remove crud and metal bits from the oil. So frequent fluid changes are a really good idea.

Rod"

"ok, got teh parts for the tri

"ok, got teh parts for the trim cylinders and teh impeller has been replaced. Hopefully I get to try it out this sunday.

One other thing that happened while I was out with it the firt time. I had stopped in the middle of the lake for about 15 minutes or so, then started back up and running. I was moving at a steady 22 mph and all of a sudden it stalled and died as if out of gas.
After about 30 minutes it started again fine and ran back to the dock. Could that have something to do with the temp running high?"

Back