Logo

Alpha 1 outdrives

J

John R Daniels

"I pulled the boat 11/1/2007 a

"I pulled the boat 11/1/2007 and both outdrives were in the full down position. I removed both batteries from the boat because I was going to replace them this spring..You will notice that they both have started to creep away from the full down position.. This same thing happens when the boat is at the slip. Has anyone ever had this happen to them and what is the cause for this happening.
148930.jpg
photo shows outdrives creepin out

"That does seem odd. Never hea

"That does seem odd. Never heard of it.
Must be minor leakage in the trim pumps.
Are your trim pump fluids clean and full?
They may need to have the air bled; there is a procedure for bleeding the air. This may not have been done properly at time of install.

If this checks out, and all else is working OK, I would not worry about it. Seems like a minor inconvenience IMO.

Rod"

John:

If the pump reservior

John:

If the pump reservior does not have a vented cap then the vent screw should be screwed in all the way and then backed out 2 full turns. Air won't purge if it's not vented.

Purging air: Run the drives up/down 10-20 times to purge any air in the system. Put them in the down position; LET THE OIL COOL FOR 8 HOURS and fill the fluid reservior to the full level; mark w/a black marker and a straight edge. Use the mark as a reference point to see if you are losing fluid.

Back